Chiller-Caruso SaveMaker Fundamentals Goalie Camp
Lead Instructors: Dave Caruso and Allen Schneider
Location: OhioHealth Chiller North - Lewis Center, OH
Dates: June 12-16, 2017 (Monday-Friday)
Ages: 6-16 years old
SaveMaker Fundamentals Camp is perfect for the beginners to intermediate players who want to focus more on the fundamentals of playing goaltender position. This camp is designed to give goalies the opportunity to enhance their technical save techniques, save selections and goalie specific movements through simpler drills. We will breakdown the goaltender position and the specialized skills needed to help goaltenders improve and feel confident in their game.
We will have a mix of current college, junior and varsity high school level goaltenders to help give insight to the campers about what it takes to succeed and push their game to the next level. Due to NCAA restrictions, we cannot use their names or likenesses.
- 7.5 hrs on ice goalie specific development - goalie power skating, technical and game situational drills
- 7+ hrs off ice conditioning to be lead by top trainers in Columbus. Training will include yoga, hand-eye coordination, flexibility, balance, and quick/active hands
- 3.75 hrs of video and goalie seminars on topics such as goal setting, motivation, emotional regulation, self-control, positive attitude, coping with pressure, team work, managing energy levels, preparedness, perseverance, situational awareness and choosing the right equipment
- Video review (NHL clips and current camp's goalie work)
- Varsity, AAA, Junior, Collegiate, or Professional level shooters
- Max of 3:1 camper to instructor ratio
- Optional Lunch
Cost: $450 with lunch or $375 with no lunch
Lunch is offered to campers the opportunity to eat with SaveMaker Elite camp instructors and attendees. We want our goalies to all feel part of the “Goalie Nation.” Goalies and coaches are able to talk about goalie topics informally during lunch.
Chiller-Caruso SaveMaker Fundamentals typical camp schedule:
- 8:15-8:40am: Warm up
- 9:00-10:30am: On-Ice - Fundamental and Save Techniques
- 10:45-11:45am: Off-Ice Conditioning - Yoga/Athletic Development
- 12:00-12:45pm: Classroom Development - Video and Goalie Seminars
- 12:45pm: Non-lunch group check out
- 1:15pm: Lunch group check out
Each camper will receive a jersey, water bottle and “swag bag.”
Raffles and prizes from the following sponsors: Ohio Health Chiller Ice Rinks, Vaughn Hockey, Vice Designs, Caruso Hockey, Harbor Yoga and more.
For more information, please contact Coach Dave Caruso - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Upcoming Events (See all)|
Skate Into Scouting - Quarterly Scout Skate
Free skating event for Scouts ($7 per person for friends and family, includes skate rental).
Turcotte Stickhandling - Mite through Midget
Stickhandle your way to success with Turcotte!
|Chiller Blog(See all)|
Girls Stick & Puck - Ages 6-17 - New sessions added!
Join us for a girls stick & puck for ages 6-17. Phone or walk-in registration only.
Drop-in Intro to Skating Class offered ($20 per class)
Join us for an introductory skating course. "Drop-in" to one or more classes. Ages 6 and up, all levels welcome.
|Hockey Schedules (See all)|
|Adult Drop-In Hockey|
|Adult Stick & Puck|
|Drop-In Hockey Ages 14-17|
|Saturday Night Hockey|
|Stick & Puck Ages 13-17|
|Stick & Puck Ages 5-12|
|Winter Park Adult Drop-In Hockey|
|Winter Park Adult Stick & Puck|