Chiller-Caruso SaveMaker Fundamentals Goalie Camp
Lead Instructor: Dave Caruso
OhioHealth Chiller North
8144 Highfield Drive,
Lewis Center, OH
Dates: June 25-29, 2018 (Monday-Friday)
Ages: 6-16 years old
SaveMaker Fundamentals Camp is perfect for the beginners to intermediate players who want to focus more on the fundamentals of playing goaltender position. This camp is designed to give goalies the opportunity to enhance their technical save techniques, save selections and goalie specific movements through simpler drills. We will breakdown the goaltender position and the specialized skills needed to help goaltenders improve and feel confident in their game.
We will have a mix of current college, junior and varsity high school level goaltenders to help give insight to the campers about what it takes to succeed and push their game to the next level. Due to NCAA restrictions, we can not use their names or likenesses.
- 7.5 hrs on ice goalie specific development - goalie power skating, technical and game situational drills
- 7+ hrs off ice conditioning to be lead by top trainers in Columbus. Training will include yoga, hand-eye coordination, flexibility, balance, and quick/active hands
- 3.75 hrs of video and goalie seminars on topics such as goal setting, motivation, routines, emotional regulation, self-control, positive attitude, coping with pressure, team work, managing energy levels, preparedness, perseverance, situational awareness and choosing the right equipment
- Video review (NHL clips and current camp's goalie work)
- Varsity, AAA, Junior, Collegiate, or Professional level shooters
- Max of 3:1 camper to instructor ratio
Chiller-Caruso SaveMaker Fundamentals typical camp schedule:
- 8:15-8:40am: Warm up
- 9:00-10:30am: On-Ice - Fundamental and Save Techniques
- 10:45-11:45am: Off-Ice Conditioning - Yoga/Athletic Development
- 12:00-12:45pm: Classroom Development - Video and Goalie Seminars
- 12:45pm: Check out
Each camper will receive a jersey, water bottle and “swag bag.”
Raffles and prizes from the following sponsors: Ohio Health Chiller Ice Rinks, Vaughn Hockey, Vice Design, Caruso Hockey, Personal Best Consulting, Harbor Yoga and more.
For more information, please contact Coach Dave Caruso - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Upcoming Events (See all)|
Registration deadline for 2019 High School Alumni Tournament
Start the tradition in Columbus! Extend the memories and fun of representing your alma mater locally where it all began.
Boy Scouts of America Belt Loop Program
Skating Belt Loops during quarterly Scouts-Only events. Scouts are free and reduced rates offered for friends and family.
2019 High School Alumni Tournament
Start the tradition in Columbus! Extend the memories and fun by representing your alma mater locally where it all began.
|Chiller Blog(See all)|
CAHL Practice Ice Now Available!
Keep your team on the ice and get the edge on the competition!
Blue Jackets New Year’s Eve Game
Monday, December 31 vs Ottawa Senators. 7:00pm puck drop. Post-game fireworks, pre-game skate and more!
Turcotte Stickhandling - Mite/Squirt/Pee Wee - December 28-29, 2018
Stickhandle your way to success with Turcotte!
|Hockey Schedules (See all)|
|Adult Drop-In Hockey|
|Adult Stick & Puck|
|Drop-In Hockey Ages 14-17|
|Saturday Night Hockey|
|Stick & Puck Ages 13-17|
|Stick & Puck Ages 5-12|
|Winter Park Adult Drop-In Hockey|
|Winter Park Adult Stick & Puck|