Chiller-Caruso SaveMaker Fundamentals Goalie Camp
Lead Instructor: Dave Caruso
OhioHealth Chiller North
8144 Highfield Drive,
Lewis Center, OH
Dates: June 25-29, 2018 (Monday-Friday)
Ages: 6-16 years old
SaveMaker Fundamentals Camp is perfect for the beginners to intermediate players who want to focus more on the fundamentals of playing goaltender position. This camp is designed to give goalies the opportunity to enhance their technical save techniques, save selections and goalie specific movements through simpler drills. We will breakdown the goaltender position and the specialized skills needed to help goaltenders improve and feel confident in their game.
We will have a mix of current college, junior and varsity high school level goaltenders to help give insight to the campers about what it takes to succeed and push their game to the next level. Due to NCAA restrictions, we can not use their names or likenesses.
- 7.5 hrs on ice goalie specific development - goalie power skating, technical and game situational drills
- 7+ hrs off ice conditioning to be lead by top trainers in Columbus. Training will include yoga, hand-eye coordination, flexibility, balance, and quick/active hands
- 3.75 hrs of video and goalie seminars on topics such as goal setting, motivation, routines, emotional regulation, self-control, positive attitude, coping with pressure, team work, managing energy levels, preparedness, perseverance, situational awareness and choosing the right equipment
- Video review (NHL clips and current camp's goalie work)
- Varsity, AAA, Junior, Collegiate, or Professional level shooters
- Max of 3:1 camper to instructor ratio
Chiller-Caruso SaveMaker Fundamentals typical camp schedule:
- 8:15-8:40am: Warm up
- 9:00-10:30am: On-Ice - Fundamental and Save Techniques
- 10:45-11:45am: Off-Ice Conditioning - Yoga/Athletic Development
- 12:00-12:45pm: Classroom Development - Video and Goalie Seminars
- 12:45pm: Check out
Each camper will receive a jersey, water bottle and “swag bag.”
Raffles and prizes from the following sponsors: Ohio Health Chiller Ice Rinks, Vaughn Hockey, Vice Design, Caruso Hockey, Personal Best Consulting, Harbor Yoga and more.
For more information, please contact Coach Dave Caruso - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Upcoming Events (See all)|
Turcotte Stickhandling - Mite/Squirt/PeeWee
Give your player the chance to develop to their fullest potential and let them experience the fun of learning different stickhandling moves.
Chiller Hockey Camp - North
Summer 2018 - Ages 6-12 - Designed for players in Junior Jackets hockey classes looking to join a team this fall and for current House players, Chiller Hockey Camp will get players ready for team play through on and off-ice instruction and campers will have a lot of fun along the way!
Chiller Hockey Camp - Dublin
Designed for players in Junior Jackets hockey classes looking to join a team this fall and for current House players, Chiller Hockey Camp will get players ready for team play through on and off-ice instruction and campers will have a lot of fun along the way!
|Chiller Blog(See all)|
2nd Annual Pelotonia Ice Hockey Tournament - June 22-23, 2018 - OhioHealth Ice Haus
All proceeds benefit Pelotonia Bike Ride for Cancer.
Don't Miss Skate It Forward - Saturday, June 16 - 5pm
A star-studded cast joins local skaters in an exciting skating exhibition with proceeds benefiting Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central OH.
Hilliard Hockey Club 2018 Spring Skate Program
Join the Hilliard Hockey Club program for a fun action-packed spring skate program for next year’s grades 8-12. April 30-May 31, 2018.
|Hockey Schedules (See all)|
|Adult Drop-In Hockey|
|Adult Stick & Puck|
|Drop-In Hockey Ages 14-17|
|Saturday Night Hockey|
|Stick & Puck Ages 13-17|
|Stick & Puck Ages 5-12|
|Winter Park Adult Drop-In Hockey|
|Winter Park Adult Stick & Puck|