Chiller-Caruso SaveMaker Elite Goalie CampLead Instructor: Dave Caruso
OhioHealth Chiller North
8144 Highfield Drive,
Lewis Center, OH
Date: June 25-29, 2018 (Monday-Friday)
Ages/Level: Ages 13 years old and older, must have played travel or high school hockey. Others need to be approved by Coach Caruso.
The Elite Camp is designed for goaltenders who want to push themselves to the next level. Goalies will work on conditioning, goalie specific agility and movement in the morning session. In the afternoon, goalies will be split into groups to work on save techniques, selection and game situations. We will also focus on competitive and battle drills. We will teach new and innovative drills that professional and collegiate goalies are currently using.
We will have a mix of current college and junior level goaltenders to help give insight to the campers about what it takes to succeed and push their game to the next level. Due to NCAA restrictions, we can not use their names or likenesses.
- 12.5 hrs on ice goalie specific development - goalie power skating, technical and game situational drills
- 7+ hrs off ice conditioning to be lead by top trainers in Columbus. Training will include yoga, hand-eye coordination, flexibility, balance, and quick/active hands
- 3.75 hrs of video and goalie seminars on topics such as goal setting, motivation, emotional regulation, self-control, positive attitude, coping with pressure, team work, managing energy levels, preparedness, perseverance, situational awareness and choosing the right equipment
- Video review (NHL clips and current camp's goalie work)
- Varsity, AAA, Junior, Collegiate, or Professional level shooters
- Max 3:1 camper to instructor ratio
- Lunch is provided everyday
Each camper will receive a jersey, water bottle and “swag bag.”
Raffles and prizes from the following sponsors: Ohio Health Chiller Ice Rinks, Vaughn Hockey, Vice Design, Caruso Hockey, Personal Best Consulting, Harbor Yoga and more.
For more information, please contact Coach Dave Caruso - email@example.com.
|Upcoming Events (See all)|
Girl Scouts Glide 'n' Slide
Lace up your skates and join instructors on the ice at the Chiller. Girl members will learn the basics of ice skating and safety skills in a 45-minute skating lesson
Chiller Ice Rinks/Boy Scouts of America Belt Loop Program
Scouting Packs will be able to earn their Ice Skating Belt Loops during quarterly Scouts-Only events. Scouts are free and reduced rates offered for friends and family.
Girl Scouts Glide 'n' Slide
Lace up your skates and join instructors on the ice at the Chiller. Girl members will learn the basics of ice skating and safety skills in a 45-minute skating lesson!
|Chiller Blog(See all)|
Speedskating Learn-To-Skate Class
This class will teach you the basic skills you need to become a short track speedskater or to simply join our club for fun and fitness! This is an introductory class and beginners are welcome.
Free Try Speedkating Clinic - March 10, 2018
Saturday, March 10th, 9:15-10:45am at OhioHealth Chiller Easton.
Columbus to Host 2018 American Collegiate Hockey Association Championships in March
The American Collegiate Hockey Association will make history once again when all five of their divisions hold their 2018 ACHA National Championships together in Columbus, Ohio from March 8-18.
|Hockey Schedules (See all)|
|Adult Drop-In Hockey|
|Adult Stick & Puck|
|Drop-In Hockey Ages 14-17|
|Saturday Night Hockey|
|Stick & Puck Ages 13-17|
|Stick & Puck Ages 5-12|
|Winter Park Adult Drop-In Hockey|
|Winter Park Adult Stick & Puck|