Daytime Skating Classes
Great for Pre-school and Home-taught Children. Enjoy the ice without the crowds! Our philosophy is to provide top notch, professional instruction for beginner through advanced skaters in a relaxed and fun environment. Chiller Learn to Skate classes are based on the fundamentals of United States Figure Skating (USFS) Basic Skills, and is an important step for those wishing to proceed on to ice hockey, speed skating or figure skating. Skating classes include a 30 minute lesson and 30 minute practice session.
For more information, contact Denise Hughes - email@example.com or 614-791-9999 x124.
Click here for more skating class info >
The Early Spring session is underway. Register soon for Spring 2021 Skating and Jr. Jackets Hockey Classes - May 10-July 3! Registration opens April 23, 2021.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING EARLY SPRING '21 SCHEDULE EXCEPTIONS:
No Dublin Friday classes on March 19. Class price is reduced to reflect the shortened 7-week session. Friday classes start date will be March 26.
No Easton Saturday classes on May 1. Class price is reduced to reflect the shortened 7-week session.
Download a printable SPRING class schedule > Public registration opens Friday, April 23.
LEARN-TO-SKATE EVALUATIONS: Our skating school managers have been working hard to evaluate skaters throughout the session, and those who are ready to move on to the next level will receive an email or an in-person evaluation by 2/13. If you do not receive an email by 2/13, that means your skater should continue to work on skills in their current level. These skaters should remain in the same level in which they are currently enrolled and will receive an email closer to the end of the session regarding their progress.
For SKATING classes, please note:
- Parent/Tot is now “Little Friends”
- Class is for child aged 3-5 years old with adult/mature helper
- This level is designed to acclimate pre-school aged children to class instruction and skating environment with a little help from a parent/adult/mature helper who is comfortable on the ice.
- Easton Saturday Mixed Freeskate is now "Aspire" and will be held from 10:15-11:00am on-ice with 11:10-11:40am off-ice
- Classes will be 30 minutes in length and structured for the participants' safety. For safety reasons, free-time will not follow class time as it has in the past. Skaters must clear the ice immediately after class and will need to exit the building within 15 minutes.
- Class enrollment numbers will be kept low to allow for proper spacing between skaters.
- All participants must be able to skate independently and be able to get up without assistance after falling. Instructors will not physically touch students, so it is very important to be able to skate, fall, and get up without assistance.
- Parent/Guardian should stay within view of class in case your child needs assistance (i.e. tying skates, restroom break).
- If a helmet is required, you must provide your own.
- Rental skates are still available for use. Please inform us of your shoe size & type of skate upon checking in.
- Please arrive dressed in your class-appropriate clothing (except for skates) and ready to take the ice.
- No entry permitted until 15 minutes before your class
- Individual classes may be canceled or rescheduled depending on enrollment.
.For private lessons, please contact Skating Director Denise Hughes - firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-791-9999x124.
OhioHealth Chiller Dublin: 614-764-1000
OhioHealth Chiller Easton: 614-475-7575
OhioHealth Chiller North: 740-549-0009
Chiller Skating School Year-Round Class Offerings
Our regular schedule is:
OhioHealth Chiller North - Wednesday evenings starting at 6pm and Saturday mornings starting at 9:15am. Thursday daytime at 10:30am (Note: Mondays are not offered in summer months).
OhioHealth Chiller Easton - Tuesday and Thursday evenings starting at 6pm and Saturday mornings starting at 9:15am. Tuesday daytime at 10:00am (Note: Tuesdays are not offered in summer months).
OhioHealth Chiller Dublin - Monday & Wednesday evenings starting at 6pm . Friday daytime at 10:00am (Note: Wednesdays are not offered in summer months).
*Please check current schedule for specific times.
Learn to Skate Class Info
How to get started:
If your child is 3 years old...
- Little Friends (3-5 years) Formerly known as Parent/Tot
- This class is designed to acclimate preschool age children to instruction and a fun skating environment with help from mom or dad! Parents should have some skating ability. Instruction will be focused on the child. Helmets are recommended.
If your child is 4-5 years old
- Stinger 1-4 (4-5 years)
- Designed for new skaters with little or no skating experience. Skaters are introduced to the fundamentals of balance and skating basics. Helmets are recommended.
- Basic 1 (6-adult)
- Adult (18 & up)
- The Basic skills are the foundation of figure skating, these levels introduce skaters to the fundamental moves while improving balance and coordination as well as promoting physical fitness! Helmets are recommended.
Once you have passed Basic 1 or Adult 1:
- Basic 2 (6-adult)
- Adult 2 (18 & up)
- Helmets are recommended.
Advanced skaters who have passed Basic 8:
- Freeskate 1-6 (ages 6-adult)
- The freeskate levels are designed to give advanced skaters a strong foundation on which to hone their skills and choose whether to pursue a recreational or competitive approach to figure skating.
Policies & Procedures
FIRST DAY OF CLASS
- Please go to the skate rental counter located at the front entrance of the lobby to get your rental skates.
- Please meet your instructor by the ice surface. Instructors will stand next to signs stating CLASS NAME.
- Please leave your skater with instructor and return to the lobby for the first 5 minutes of class to allow for adequate room for an off-ice lesson. Once skaters are on the ice, all spectators are welcome to re-enter the ice surface area.
- To keep all students with other participants that are most similar in age and skill level, Chiller instructors will evaluate all students during the first class and move skaters to and from classes to make the most appropriate groupings.
FOR NEW SKATERS
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes early to fit skates and familiarize yourself with the facility.
- Please utilize the beginner figure skates which are easier to learn in. Only once a skater can confidently skate and glide do we recommend switching to hockey skates.
- Practice walking, sitting on the floor and standing up for 5 minutes before taking the ice.
- Make sure that laces are tied securely and tucked in.
- Weekly lessons taught by professional instructors
- Skate rental
- Refunds are not granted for missing individual classes, and are only granted if special circumstances prevent the skater from participating/completing the series of classes. Requests must be in writing, carry a per lesson charge, a $15 non-refundable registration fee, and require up to 6 weeks to process.
- No make-ups during regularly scheduled classes will be permitted in order to preserve the appropriate student to teacher ratio.
Classes times may be changed or classes may be canceled depending upon enrollment.