Learn to Skate Class InfoHow to get started:
If your child is 3 years old:
Parent/Tot (3-5 years) $130.00
These classes are designed to acclimate preschool age children to instruction and a skating environment with help from mom or dad! Parents should have some skating ability. Instruction will be focused on the child. Helmets are recommended.
If your child is 4-5 years old:
Stinger 1-3 (4-5 years) $115.00
Advanced Stinger (4-5 years) $115.00
If you or your child is 6 years old-adult:
Little or no skating experience
Basic 1 (6-adult) $115.00
Hockey Skating 1 (6-adult) $115
Adult 1 (18 & up) $115.00
The Basic skills are the foundation of figure skating, these levels introduce skaters to the fundamental moves while improving balance and coordination as well as promoting physical fitness! Helmets are recommended.
Once you have passed Basic 1 or Adult 1:
Basic 2 (6-adult) $115.00
Adult 2 (18 & up) $115.00
Helmets are recommended.
Advanced skaters who have passed Basic 8:
Freeskate 1-6 (ages 6-adult) $130.00
The freeskate levels are designed to give advanced skaters a strong foundation on which to hone their skills and choose whether to pursue a recreational or competitive approach to figure skating.
- Weekly 30 minute lesson
- Weekly 10 minute skate period after class
- Skate rental (first come, first served)
- VIP Discount Card
- Blue Jackets Bike Helmet rental upon request
- Three complimentary public skating passes
Policies & Procedures
FIRST DAY OF CLASS
- Please go to the skate rental counter located at the front entrance of the lobby to get your rental skates.
- Please meet your instructor by the ice surface. Instructors will stand next to signs stating CLASS NAME.
- Please leave your skater with instructor and return to the lobby for the first 5 minutes of class to allow for adequate room for an off-ice lesson. Once skaters are on the ice, all spectators are welcome to re-enter the ice surface area.
- To keep all students with other participants that are most similar in age and skill level, Chiller instructors will evaluate all students during the first class and move skaters to and from classes to make the most appropriate groupings.
FOR NEW SKATERS
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes early to fit skates and familiarize yourself with the facility.
- Please utilize the beginner figure skates which are easier to learn in. Only once a skater can confidently skate and glide do we recommend switching to hockey skates.
- Practice walking, sitting on the floor and standing up for 5 minutes before taking the ice.
- Make sure that laces are tied securely and tucked in.
Refunds are not granted for missing individual classes, and are only granted if special circumstances prevent the skater from participating/completing the series of classes. Requests must be in writing, carry a per lesson charge, a $15 non-refundable registration fee, and require up to 6 weeks to process.
No make-ups during regularly scheduled classes will be permitted in order to preserve the appropriate student to teacher ratio.
Classes times may be changed or classes may be canceled depending upon enrollment.
|Upcoming Events (See all)|
Chiller-Caruso SaveMaker Elite Goalie Camp
With Coach Dave Caruso. The Elite Camp is designed for goaltenders who want to push themselves to the next level.
Chiller-Caruso SaveMaker Fundamentals Goalie Camp
With Coach Dave Caruso. SaveMaker Fundamentals Camp is perfect for the players who want to focus more on the fundamentals of playing goaltender position.
Turcotte Stickhandling Camp- Mite/Squirt & Pee Wee/Bantam
Give your son or daughter a chance to develop to their fullest potential and let them experience the fun of learning different stickhandling moves with Turcotte.
|Chiller Blog(See all)|
Register your child to run a LemonAiD stand to help local children in need
LemonAiD is a benefit for impoverished children run by caring kids who want to help. 2019 marks the 4th Annual LemonAiD Campaign in Central Ohio.
Volunteer for Hockey for Habitat - Friday, June 14, 2019
Volunteers are needed for the 3rd Annual 24 Hours of Hockey for Habitat. All volunteers will receive an event t-shirt and have access to food and drink throughout their shifts.
Cbus Pre/Post Hockey Club Tryouts
Tryouts in May. Season runs August-October, post season March-April. 20 practices/20 games
|Hockey Schedules (See all)|
|Adult Drop-In Hockey|
|Adult Stick & Puck|
|Drop-In Hockey Ages 14-17|
|Saturday Night Hockey|
|Stick & Puck Ages 13-17|
|Stick & Puck Ages 5-12|
|Winter Park Adult Drop-In Hockey|
|Winter Park Adult Stick & Puck|